January 12, 2012

Yarning for a Wreath

I am in love with the variety of yarn wreaths in the Blog World and thought I would try one myself. I needed a new wreath for the front door, since I stole that one to put on the shelves in the living room.


It was pretty easy to complete.


You'll just need the following to create your own:


Wreath- any wreath you have on hand
Yarn
Felt
Scissors
Any other embellishment you would like to include
Ribbon

First, Wrap the yarn all the way around the wreath. Knot your yarn at the beginning and the end. You are going to cover up the knots with felt flowers later.



To make the felt flowers, cut the felt in a circle-swiggle pattern. Roll the felt to create the flower. Hot glue the flower on the wreath.










Add other embellishments to dress up your wreath.
Hang a ribbon from the top of the wreath and then hang it.








Enjoy!


   ~Amy

No comments: